All-Purpose Vegetable Stock
(Makes approximately 2 quarts)
Note: Start with carrot, celery, onion, garlic, tender herbs, and bay leaves. You can toss in corncobs, parsnip, parsley stems, mushroom stems, fennel, and asparagus if you have them. Avoid any cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, or kale, which will dominate the stock with a strong off-putting flavor and strong herbs such as sage, rosemary, or too much marjoram. If you saute the aromatics beforehand, especially mushrooms and stems, the stock will be richer and more robust.
- 1 large white or yellow onion, chopped 2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- Handful of herbs (parsley, dill, thyme, chives, oregano, etc.)
- 4 cups any vegetable trimmings (parsnip, corncobs, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, scallions, etc.)
- 3 quarts water
Toss all ingredients in a large stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 1 hour, until vegetables are soft. Strain through a sieve (pressing vegetables down will extract more liquid but muddy the stock).
Refrigerate for up to 3-4 days, or freeze in a sealed container for longer storage.
From: The 3-day guided cleanse program, 3-Day Juice Fast
in loving service,
The Truth about Fruit
Many people love the inclusion of fruit in their diet. That is totally cool. If fruit is working for you – as it does for many people depending on age, gender, length of time cleansing, etc. – then carry on with it. I was a huge fan of fruit in my first decade of cleansing. Remember that I am just a guide. You must do what works for you (and to determine just what that is takes a great deal of experimentation and discretion on your part).
Let me take a quick second to spotlight why I avoid fruit personally and guide the vast majority of my clients away from fruit. But please note, as you read this that this is in no way to debate whether fruit works for you. It is simply what I have come to based on my personal and professional journey. Fruit lovers, please carry on so long as fruit loves you back. The following is specifically for those for whom fruit may be undermining their health goals or who may find that while fruit works presently, it may not be ideal at a future juncture. With all that contextualized, here’s my beef with fruit:
- Fruit that we obtain in supermarkets today is not the wild fruit that was growing hundreds of years ago (or even the relatively benign variety of 30 or more years ago). Today’s fruit is highly inclined toward mold, degenerated to an almost indistinguishable degree from its original state, extensively hybridized to be more or less merely sugar and water in a colorful container.
- Today’s fruit is largely seedless and therefore without the life force it was designed to conduct. Fresh, raw fruit as it grew wildly before the advent of the agricultural revolution 10,000 years ago was without a doubt the perfect food for humans. That does not mean that the grocery store fruits circa 2021 are remotely equal.
- The human bio-terrain, like the post-agricultural revolution terrain, is primed for mold and parasites which feed off and proliferate when mixed with any form of sugar. This makes all sugars, even raw fruit sugars problematic for the vast majority of modern people.
- Modern humans are highly estrogenic due to both excessive exposure to environmental estrogens as well as personal hormone secretion running amok. Estrogen breeds yeasts like candida which cause too many problems to mention here — but they all feed on sugars. Estrogen dominance used to be a mainly female issue but today it is gaining on men as well.
- In a world where nearly ½ of the western population is expected to be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime (which means just as many if not more are walking around with a precancerous proclivity toward fungus in the body), fruit sadly is a great danger as it feeds fungus.
All in, if you’re including fruit to a degree that seems to be suiting you, I say be cautiously optimistic. If you are living in a highly alkaline environment and you know you are not estrogen dominant, you know you are not hosting parasites or home to heavy metals (say you’ve chelated them and you eat an otherwise clean diet with no processed foods, low starch, etc. and hang your hat far from cities and cell phone towers), and (here’s the biggie now…you ready) you’re totally asymptomatic (meaning you don’t get any symptoms – no headaches, no tooth sensitivities, no joint pain, you sleep soundly, etc.), then okay, include the fruits you love and try to not just get organic fruit but procure wild fruits. If you’re symptomatic, no fruit and no sugars other than pure raw, fresh green leaf-ground stevia (not processed stevias). Sorry, but that’s the tough love hard truth.
These are modern conditions we’re contending with. We are modern people; we are doing the clean-up work for many generations on ourselves and our communities. And just promise yourselves this: be flexible enough to change when something stops working for you – and be in tune with yourselves enough to know the moment that happens.
Now, if you are a female, living in acidic conditions (cities/suburbs, with stress, typical Western dietetic history, have taken the pill, been vaccinated, had many a series of antibiotics in your lifetime, take pharmaceuticals, get migraines, experience heavy, difficult menses, are moody or over 35 and trying to lose weight, definitely consider nixing fruit completely.
In loving service,
I’m so excited to have been featured in the Freedom Kitchen Summit! Hear me speak live today!
This Summit is something that really hits home with all the work I’ve been doing and I hope you are all able to make time to be a part of this incredible knowledge-sharing event. There are still two days left of the Summit!
There’s NO COST to register for this virtual event that features an amazing array of health experts from across the industry.
The FREE REGISTRATION will gain you access to view the Summit LIVE online from August 25-29.
Upon registration, you will be given the option to purchase access passes to the Summit for the video recordings of the speakers, special gifts and extra courses!
Register now, and join us all in the organic food revolution!
In loving service,
Sweet, Delicious and Hydrating: Organic Carrots
Keep bags of organic carrots in the fridge for pre-dinner munchies.
Not only are they sweet and delicious but there are also very hydrating after a long day. You can eat an entire 2 pound bag of carrots for your unwinding, reading the mail, or putting your kids to bed.
This would take the edge off your appetite, nurse your body with organic minerals and enzymes, and give your children a good example of a smart snack.
In loving service,
For a limited time, we are now offering you BOTH Exalted Life courses in one package! We are so excited about the Exalted Life series and want to ensure all have the chance to gain this rarified knowledge!
“There comes a time in everyone’s life when the door of wisdom, the secrets, the keys, (whatever you wish to call them) stand right before them. This is one of those moments. The Exalted Life series is the breakthrough wisdom you’ve been waiting for. Are you ready to take a leap of consciousness?” Natalia Rose
The Exalted Life is far more than a course series. It is a new concept for a way of life that is, at last, worthy of your life! This work is so deep and beautiful, liberating and satisfying. At a time when the world around us seems more precarious than ever and causing people to become weak in every way, I am going to make you strong and unshakably powerful! That is my promise to you through the Exalted Life series.
“I said this course is equal to the most positive and effective plant medicine journey because it is. If you are on the fence about a plant medicine journey, perhaps do this instead.” Natalia Rose
These presentations cannot wait. They are being offered urgently for immediate integration into your life because there simply is no more time to waste to lift yourself up and out of the erroneous, confused ways of thinking and engaging, preventing you from developing a truly great life.
“The knowledge I present in this course is the absolute pinnacle of wisdom distilled down from the most challenging, harrowing life-experiences imaginable. If you are in the struggle of your life or merely trying to build a better one, you will not regret having this course as your guide & companion!” Natalia Rose
The first Exalted Life installment zeroed in on the importance of elevating you up and out of ‘the world’ – a mind-field of false perceptions — into the true Source-field of life! I unveiled the 8 Essential Secrets for attaining and embodying an exalted state and it has been absolutely brilliant to witness the transformations you have experienced by applying this rarified knowledge!
Exalted Life Course Package
So much love,