Time is of essence, especially with a baby so here is a raw version of my macaroons. The best new product I found this year is Raw Coconut Flour. This is the key to binding the macaroons, raw or cooked. I like to freeze mine and eat it cold. You can also melt 70 % chocolate in a sauce pan and drop the macaroons in it to coat. Pick it up with a toothpick or skewer and place on a parchment lined tray. Freeze or refrigerate.
• 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
• 1/2 cup raw coconut flour
• 1/4 cup raw honey (minimum amount needed to bind but you can use up to 1/3 cup)
• 2 tablespoons raw coconut oil, at room temperature or melted
• 1/2 teaspoon seasalt (pink Himalayan is great)
• 2 to 3 tablespoons pure water, as needed
Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl, no food processor necessary, until thoroughly incorporated. It should be slightly moist but still flaky. Use moistened hands to form into balls. Roll balls in coconut flakes.
Makes 12 to 16 balls depending on size