• 1 cup, carrot, celery, onions, broccoli stems, if any
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 1 pinch crushed red pepper
• 8 cups broccoli (chop up stem and add to mira poix)
• 6 sprigs fresh thyme, desprigged
• 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
• 1 cup grated raw goat cheese of choice OR grated raw sheep pecorino OR nutritional yeast
Saute carrot, celery, parsnips, onions, garlic and red pepper with coconut oil or butter for 8 minutes till onions are translucent. Add broccoli, thyme, bay leaves and water or vegetable stock to cover by an inch. Simmer on low heat for 430 to 40 minutes till broccoli is falling apart. Puree in batches in blender, season to taste. Top with cheese while hot to melt.