• 4 medium roasted beets, cubed**
• ½ medium red onion, small diced
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tsp thyme, picked off sprigs
• ½ grapefruit, juice and zest
• s/p to taste
Toss all ingredients together.
• Want this recipe raw? Substitute roasted beets for raw shredded or julienned beets for easier absorption of marinade.
• Wrap whole beets, skin on with tinfoil, in preheated 400 degree oven for 45 min to 1 hour or till soft when pierced with knife. To remove skins easily, throw the warm beets in paper bag and rub the bag till skin slides off.