Recipe of the Week by Natalia Rose Institute Executive Chef Doris Choi: Crisp Summer Salad
Carrot and Cilantro Salad
I like to use a vegetable peeler to slice the carrots lengthwise and stack them up and cut them into thin strands. The carrots should be very bendy, allowing them to soak up all the lime juice, marinating in no time. It’s fine to use a spiralizer instead, but if you do, marinate the carrots for at least 15 minutes for the same effect.
• 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into strands
• 1 bunch cilantro, washed, trimmed, and chopped
• 1 or 2 limes, juiced
• Sea salt and pepper to taste
• dash of cayenne powder
• 1 tsp minced ginger (optional)
• 1 tsp minced garlic (optional)
Toss all ingredients together and enjoy straight from the bowl. As a main meal, put a twirl of carrot salad at the base of a romaine heart and add slices of avocado.