• 3 Acorn Squash, cut horizontally to form two bowls, leveling the bottoms
• 1 lb of kale, stems removed and chopped
• ½ C shallots, finely chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tbl sage, chopped
• 1 tsp crush red pepper
• 1 med citrus, orange, tangerine, rind only
• 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
Dry roast the acorn squash, no cover, 400 degrees, 30 to 45 minutes depending on size of your squash till edges brown and middle is soft when pierced with a knife
In a large pot, heat up coconut butter or butter, add garlic, shallots, citrus rind and sage and crushed red pepper till warm and fragrant, taking care not to burn the garlic. Add kale, handfuls at a time and toss well. When all the kale is in turn up the heat, add a splash of water and cover. You want the kale to steam up a bit and keep the rest of the ingredients from drying out. After 5 minutes or so when kale is a deep green, remove lid and continue cooking till the liquid evaporates.
Stuff the roasted squash with the kale (removing the citrus rinds) garnish with diced red peppers and grate some fresh nutmeg on top.