For the Salad:
• 1 lb spinach, blanched
• 3 med carrots, shredded
• 1/2 lb mung beans, blanched
• 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
• 1 scallion, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• kosher or fine sea salt
For the Dressing:
• 1/2 tsp korean hot pepper paste (Kochujang)
• 1 tbsp nama shoyu
• drizzle of toasted sesame oil
• 1 lemon, juiced
• stevia to taste
• Mix all ingredients together, adding water to thin the sauce so it pours freely.
• Blanch the spinach till it turns a bright green; ten seconds or less. Immerse in an ice bath to stop the cooking process and to retain the bright green color.
• Repeat process with mung beans but blanch for thirty seconds and skip the icebath.
• Salt the shredded carrots and let sit for 10 minutes. Rinse off salt and drain.
• Place shredded romaine lettuce in a salad bowl, add each vegetable in three separate mounds on top of lettuce, sprinkle with scallions and serve sauce on the side.
Note: To make carnivore friendly, you can take a piece of high quality chopped beef and marinate it in a splash of soy, sesame oil, minced garlic and ginger for 10 minutes and then saute it quickly till desired doneness. Serve this alongside the vegetables.