This is a moist, less sweet, less coconut-y macaroon and a good way to use carrot pulp from your juicer. Same recipe as above but substitute one cup of coconut flakes with carrot pulp, lose the water and add vanilla extract because it perks it up.
• 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
• 1 cup carrot pulp
• 1/2 cup raw coconut flour
• 1/4 cup raw honey (minimum amount needed to bind but you can use up to 1/3 cup)
• 2 tablespoons raw coconut oil, at room temperature or melted
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon seasalt
Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl, no food processor necessary, until thoroughly incorporated. It should be slightly moist but still flaky. Use moistened hands to form into balls. Roll balls in coconut flakes.
Makes 12 to 16 balls depending on size